The Upper Room Jaco is a ministry of Calvary Chapel and has been formed as a fellowship of believers in the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Our supreme desire is to know Christ and be conformed to His image by the power of the Holy Spirit.
We are not a denominational church, nor are we opposed to denominations as such, only to their overemphasis of the doctrinal differences that have led to the division of the Body of Christ.
- GOD THE FATHER: We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son & Holy Spirit. We believe in God, the Father, an infinite, personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power, and love; that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men; that He hears and answers prayer; and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
- GOD THE SON: We believe in the deity of Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father and His personal return in power and glory.
- GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT: We believe in the present Ministry of the Holy Spirit, by Whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life; we further believe His power and gifts are available to believers today.
- THE BIBLE: We believe the Bible is the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God and is relevant and applicable for us today. Therefore we place great emphasis upon teaching it in public, studying it in private, and using it as a guide for our daily lives.
- SALVATION: We believe that all people are lost sinners and must turn to Jesus Christ in saving faith and repentance for regeneration by the Holy Spirit. We believe that acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior is the only way to come into a relationship with God.
- ORDINANCES: We believe the Lord Jesus Christ committed two ordinances to the Church: 1) baptism, and 2) the Lord’s Supper. We believe in baptism by immersion and communion, both of which are open to all believers in Jesus Christ.
- WORSHIP: We believe worship of God should be spiritual. Therefore, we remain flexible and yielded to the leading of the Holy Spirit to direct our worship. We also believe that worship of God should be inspirational. Therefore, we give great place to music in our worship. It is our goal to worship Him with our whole lives at home, at work and at play.
- CHRISTIAN GROWTH: We believe that true saving faith will display itself by producing positive change within our lives. We encourage this by abiding in Jesus Christ through His Word, prayer, and fellowship, and by yielding our lives to the Holy Spirit.
- CHRISTIAN SERVICE: We believe that serving God and others is part of the Christian life and is the responsibility of all believers. Our goals are to develop the ministry of every member to the benefit of all.
- RESURRECTION: We believe in the resurrection of both those who believe in Jesus (the saved) and those who do not believe (the lost): those believing will be resurrected to eternal life with Christ and those unbelieving will be resurrected to eternal punishment in hell.
- LOVE: We believe the only true basis of Christian fellowship is Christ’s (Agape) love, which is greater than any differences we possess, and without which we have no right to claim ourselves Christians.